Saturday, August 30, 2008

Father of the Bride

Last week, as the cast list for "Winnie the Pooh" was finalized, Mr. Ron (my boss) began seriously casting "Father of the Bride."  He asked me to come in and help him read a young man by the name of Ben Reed for the part of "Buckley."  Buckley is the fiance of Kay, the bride.  I read Kay for about twenty minutes before Mr. Ron said he was satisfied with Ben's audition.  I was about to show Ben where the costume shop was when Mr. Ron stopped me and asked me stay behind, he needed to talk to me.  After discussing the show a bit more, he asked me to read again and after breaking to work on some other things, asked me to read once more.  The last scene that we read was a rather emotional scene between Kay and her father.  Mr. Ron was reading the dad and we were both crying.  At the end we were laughing, but it was great audition moment. 

After about a week of a bit of impatience on my part, Mr. Ron offered me the part of Kay on Thursday night.  I am thrilled beyond what I can adequately express though words.  I am so excited about working with the stellar cast and an amazing director (Ron is directing).  I wanted this show from the moment they announced at the end of last season.  I will post more on dates and tickets as the time grows closer.   

1 comment:

Kelly M said...

HOW EXCITING! Let me know the dates!!! Also, let me know about Winnie the Pooh, too!!!