Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Job

After a ton of prayer and breakfast with Mr. Ron, I was called into the Springer to discuss a new position that has become available. Mr. Ron talked with me for about an hour before asking me if I was interested and, of course, I gave a resounding "YES!"

What is the job, you ask? I am the new Education Assistant at the Springer Opera House. In addition to updating the Academy database, putting together study guides for the schools coming to Academy productions, conducting tours and workshops, teaching and T.A. fall and winter classes, and making visits to schools to discuss the upcoming productions, I will also be the editor of the new publication that the Springer will be publishing called "The Call Board." I could not be any happier. I get to do all the things that I love so much and get paid to do it.

Thrilled doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. I can't wait to tell you how the first day goes!

1 comment:

SalBake said...

when is the first day?