Friday, January 16, 2009

Playing Outside

You are probably sick of hearing me talk about my siblings and how awesome they are.

**I'm so kidding, but if you really are, come back another day.**

However, Caroline (number 2) is an incredible song writer/poet/writer. I got exclusive permission from the author to reproduce some of her work. I think you are really going to like this.

Playing Outside

Why can’t life be defined
By the games we played when we were nine?
The games I played in my head
When I talked my bear and she said,
“I’ll be your friend when you cry
And you can hold me close at night
And we can sleep side by side.”
Every tree was a friend
And the sun smiled and kissed our skin
We named the birds overhead
And never listened to what our parents said
About getting dirty; we played in the mud
And it was so much fun
Life was so simple back in the day
When all we had to do was go outside and play

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great poem - Caroline. I do wish we could get back to those days... those simple, joyful, carefree days of our childhood! Ahh.. the bliss!