Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Vander Baker Nuptials

What a night! There was music and dancing, food and wine, old friends and new friends. The sad part is I have nothing to countdown anymore. The Vander Baker Nuptials have been nup-chew-ated and Brad and Sally are Mr. and Mrs. Baker. Yay!

The day started out sunny, got a little cloudy, got really cloudy, rained cats and dogs, and then sunnied up again. Supposedly, it is good luck if it rains on your wedding day. Look it up.

The ceremony was gorgeous with lots of music (typical of a Vander Gheynst), flowers, sweet words, and beautiful people. The reception was fun with great food, terrific music, and good friends. Even little Ben told my dad on the way home "Daddy, I didn't think I was going to like that wedding, but it was actually a lot of fun!" Oh, how funny little boys can be.

Big boys can be funny too. I think the biggest treat of the night, other than being able to celebrate with Brad and Sally, was being able to spend time with Micah and Tricia Carver. This couple has become very dear to me. I appreciate their humor, compassion, and spiritual gifts in all capacities. More the Carvers later.

Micah and I agree. We need to convince Sally and Brad to renew their vows next month so we can all get together again.

No comments: