Sunday, September 21, 2008

Georgia Tech Game

Yesterday, I was one lucky girl. A friend of mine got me a ticket to the GT vs Mississippi game in Atlanta. The weather was perfect, traffic was light, and the company was wonderful. As if all of this were not enough, the Yellow Jackets beat the MS Bulldogs 38-7. What a day!

The Varsity was the first stop made on this particular excursion, followed by the "Jackets for McCain" table, and then we made our way into the stadium. We had upper level seats on the 30 yard line. They were awesome seats! You could see everything perfectly. The first half of the game was exciting with Jonathan Dwyer's 88-yard touchdown run, a school record. The second half proved less interesting as the Bulldogs had yet to make the scoreboard and it seemed unlikely that they would. However, they proved us wrong and made one touchdown and field goal, much to the chagrin of Tech fans. The day ended well with a win on our end and we left happy with our Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.

The next stop was the bookstore here I had to get a t-shirt. It was busy and the line was long, but it was well worth it. I got semi-lost on my way out of Atlanta, but made good time back to LaGrange to have dinner with some friends. Mmm...pizza.

All in all, a good day. The Jackets won, I spent good time with friends, and had a break from my busy-ness.

No comments: