Monday, September 29, 2008

Caroline

On December 14th, 1989, Caroline Elizabeth Garcia was born and 19 month-old, Theresa Naomi, was not happy about this turn of events. This little munchkin was taking over my territory. However, after almost 19 years of having her in my life, I can say that I am truly grateful for her presence in my life.

For lunch today, I met Caroline and our best friend, Liz, at Moe's. Time with these two ladies makes my heart sing and is always uplifting. After playing catch up with each other's lives, we settled into the detailed questions we were dying to ask. Caroline did most of the talking today, as her life details are weighing the heaviest on all our hearts. I am continuously amazed by Caroline and her maturity, her faith, and the peace that flows through her.

I am not going to go into detail about our conversation today, as that would betray Caroline and Liz's confidence, but I do want to share some things about Caroline and what makes her so very special to her big sister.

Caroline balances me out. Whereas I am very much ruled by my emotions, Caroline is more logical and able to think clearly about most issues, putting her emotions aside. Caroline has faith that could move mountains. Even in moments where it would be completely understandable if she fell somewhat apart or doubted the master plan, she appears calm, cool, and collected. As her big sister, I should be setting the example for her, but she sets one for me. I look up to and admire Caroline in every way. She is beautiful, inside and out. She is positive, always looking for the good to come out of any given situation, lovely because she is loved by the One who matters, stronger than almost anyone I have ever met, selfless beyond what most people would consider, obedient to her Heavenly Father, steadfast in what she knows to be right, pure in heart and mind, disciplined, loyal, faithful, joyful, silly, sweet, and my best friend. Caroline is one of those people that makes a room light up with her presence. She is truly a woman of God's own heart and someone that I want to liken myself to.

If you know Caroline, I would encourage you to try and get to know her better. If you don't know Caroline and ever get the chance to meet her, don't miss out on that opportunity. I truly believe in my heart of hearts that your heart would be blessed because of hers. Mine has been.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

My sweet sister!
Thank you!
The things you said about me are truly things that I strive to have and to know that you think I already have them makes me happier than you can ever know.
I love you!

Theresa Garcia said...

Love you too!