Tuesday, September 23, 2008

From the mind of Theresa

The past couple of days have been thought provoking. There have been situations that have come up that have caused me to step back and reevaluate my priorities. Allow me to elaborate on these priorities.

  • My relationship with God. Me and God are tight. I think I have talked about my mom's mom (my Grammy) before. She was a praying woman and taught me to be the same. I feel like a lot of my day is spent in conversation with Jesus. I think he is pretty awesome, so I am ok with that. However, I have become more aware of my need to "write His word on my heart." I need to spend more time in scripture, memorizing His word. I was telling my friend, Matt, the other day about some of my favorite scripture and although I still need to ask my mom what the reference is to this verse, one that I say over and over is "What time I am afraid I will trust in Him." What a comfort to be able to recite His promises to myself when I need them. Being able to preach the gospel to myself is a blessing.

  • My siblings. The more time I spend with my brothers and sisters, the more I love them and want to be with them. My sisters are my best friends and my brothers are my brave protectors.
They pretty much rock and I will take all the time I can get with them.
  • Relationships. I have very close inner circle and I treasure those friendships immensely. In the past week, I have seen the need to challenge myself to be more reliable in these relationships. I have a lot on my plate, but I need to focus more on the people I love more.
  • Young Life. I am extremely committed to my Young Life friends. Young Life is one of the best things that ever happened to me. It is the best part of my week and I truly treasure the relationships that I have with my teammates and my high school friends.
  • Me. I am starting to realize that I need to learn to take a little more time for Theresa. I have a lot on my plate right now, but I need to take time to slow down and smell the roses. Or take a nap. Or go get a pedicure. I can think of lots of actions that I could do in "me" time. I think what I really mean is that I need to focus some more time into becoming the woman of God that I long to be. This means learning how to say "No." This means choosing things to do well and not over committing myself. I tend to spread myself too thin and end up stressing out and not really doing anything very well.
These are just some of the many thoughts that are going through my head at the moment. More to come soon, I am sure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

3 Whenever I am afraid,
I will trust in You.
-Psalm 56:3 (NKJV)