Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Thanksgiving 2008 was a wonderful one despite being one sick girl. I spent most of Sunday-Wednesday on a couch. It didn't really matter which couch or whose couch I was on as long as I could lay down and hack the day away.

Wednesday night I transported myself from my couch to my mom's couch. Thursday was full of family, food, friends, and films. I spent the day at my parents house. We invited a family from my parents' church to spend the day with us. After the food was eaten and the leftovers put away, everyone headed to the movies. Mom took the little ones to see Bolt, the older kids went and saw Australia, and I headed out to see Twilight with some friends home on Thanksgiving Break.

This Thanksgiving, I found myself thankful for more than I deserve. Along with my material needs; house, food, care, school, etc..., I find myself thankful for things that you can't see but feel with your whole heart. My family and friends, my country, the fact that my problems and grievances are so small compared to what they could be or to what other people experience. I am loved by the people that matter and I am always taken care of by my Heavenly Father. I have friendships that are lasting and those people are blessings that are far more than I could ever ask for.

No comments: