Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sweet Communion

First of all, I am having the time of my life. I am comfortable in my surroundings and I love the people I work with. So there's that.

Communion is a pretty big deal to me. A lot of Jesus' greatest conversations came from breaking bread with someone. Also, in order to take communion you need to be right with God and your fellow man. Sunday, we prayed together and worshiped our Savior together and then we took communion together.

In all actuality, this whole month is like taking communion. While we are here to serve others, this month is totally focus on Jesus and our relationship with Him. We are working on being right with the Father. And in all of that, we are to love one another and tackle issues before they really become issues.

Last night, as we ate BBQ on the hill and just hung out afterwards, my thoughts were on the future. What these fellow summer staffers are to me right now will totally change at the end of the month. At the end of the month, these will be some my dearest and closest friends. At the end of the month, I will look back and see this past month as some of the sweetest earthly communion that I have ever experienced.

Speaking of earthy communion, that brings me to heavenly communion. These past three days of being at Windy Gap have been filled with prayer. It's almost impossible to go through the morning, afternoon, or evening without being in some kind of conversational mode with God. Everything here screams out His name. It proclaims His creativity, His beauty, and His grace. From the scenery, to the sight of high schoolers working and serving other high schoolers, to walking into our living space and seeing ten other summer staffers in the Word as I walk in. All of these situations nudge me towards the cross and my Savior. My morning runs are spent in prayer. My conversations are spent talking about testimonies, personal relationships with Christ, controversial religious matters, and God's grace in our lives. Of course, we talk about our favorite football teams, our favorite food, what we miss about home, etc. But God is certainly present with us and it is evident that we all desire that.

Sweet communion. Three days in and I am already certain that this is the sweetest I have ever experienced.

No comments: