Sunday, June 21, 2009

First Day at Windy Gap!!!

I am here at camp and I have Internet access! I am not sure how often I will be able to update, but I am going to try and be on top of it.

The ride up to Weaverville was pretty good. I was super tired and pulled over in a hotel parking lot (in a highly populated area, Mother) to sleep for all of fifteen minutes and I felt so much better. I was also able to stop for lunch at the Garvin's and get a sandwich and visit for a bit. I arrived at camp around six. My luggage was loaded onto a UHaul and sent up to my cabin.

We ate a dinner of pizza and salad and I met my fellow summer staffers. They are pretty awesome and they are from all over the place. There are a lot of people from Texas. And there is a girl from L.A..

After dinner, we spent time together in worship and we went over some camp business. We also introduced ourselves. We split up into Summer Staff and Work Crew (I'll explain the difference later) and had separate meetings and got to know one another better. A bunch of us had to go back down to our cars to get more stuff and we were warned about a bear that seems to be hanging around and it was not a joke. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm on the lookout.

Work has been great today. I love my job. Lots of answering the phone and filing. I also get to talk on the radio and look up weather reports. They are calling me the meteorologist because of my fancy language when I give the radar report to the guys. I am pretty good at it, if I do say so myself. :)

I am having a blast. I seriously might never come back.

Update again soon! So much more to tell. Love to all. Thank you for all your prayers!

No comments: