Monday, June 15, 2009

Chick-fil-A

For those of you who don't know, and I assuming that is most of you, I started working for Chick-fil-A this past week. There were a lot of factors in my making this decision, the biggest one being money. Ever since my senior year of high school when I worked for Country's BBQ, I swore I would never work in the food industry again. However, the schedule is also going to be awesome and it is a job that I can go to and leave it there at work when I go home. It is going to be great with school in the fall.

The first SIX hours of working at Chick-fil-A are spent watching videos. Yes, folks. That's right. SIX WHOLE HOURS. A lot of it was pretty stupid, but I really enjoyed hearing the Truett Cathy story and how Chick-fil-A came to be. After watching several interviews (approx. an hour's worth), I got kinda excited about working for this company. The Cathy's aren't pulling anyone's leg with their reasons for being closed on Sundays and being a beacon of light in a dark world. This family truly loves the Lord and is committed to providing excellent service to those who come into contact with Chick-fil-A. This may sound super silly, but it made me want to truly put my best foot forward because, now, I feel like if I don't, I am letting Truett Cathy himself down. I know. It sounds absurd. It's just a fast food joint. But I swear it's not. There is something different about this company. I know what that something different is. It's in their purpose statement.

"That we might glorify God by being a faithful steward in all that is entrusted to our care, and that we might have a positive influence on all the people that we might come in contact with."

I mean, come on! How obvious can it be? It's all about service and it's all about doing it in the name of Jesus. I love that.

So, come see me at Chick-fil-A and I promise there will be true sincerity behind every "My pleasure." Every time.

No comments: