Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Looking ahead

This weekend was a busy one for me. Friday night, I had dinner with my cousin and did laundry. Supper exciting, I know. Saturday, I worked with Habitat (more on this later) and then worked with my Uncle Terry in his yard, laying sod. How I got roped into that, I'll never know. After a shower, we went and ran some errands and ended up in the ER with my cousin, Haley, who broke her foot again. Yes, I said again. Then it was off to dinner and then my pastor's house. Sunday, I went to church, my parents house, Uncle Terry's house, Target, dinner with Nick, running with Sam, and then collapsed into my bed. Somebody tell me to slow down, please.

Monday was the big day though. Uncle Terry announced that he was running for City Council. As his right hand man, I was on hand to take pictures, keep him calm, and get paper towels to blot his sweaty face. My job is so glamorous. There was an interview with WRBL, which went really well, and I have a couple of other interviews lined up. More on the campaign later.

As big as Monday was, today is a little bigger for me. After a lot of thought, tons of prayer, and long conversations with the 'rents, I decided to give my two weeks notice at my current job. As much as I would love for it to work out, its just not. It's not fair to them or me for it to keep going like it is. I have learned so much and will carry these lessons with me for a long time, but it's time to find something else. I know you are all thinking "What the heck is she thinking? Does she have anything else lined up?" I do. More on that later, as well.

So, as you can tell, this weekend/week has been busy and full. I don't think it's slowing down any time soon.

No comments: