Wednesday, June 04, 2008

A Beautiful Mind

Last night, I was having dinner with my friend, Peyton, and we were having a discussion about the office she works in. It's downtown and in a rather old building. My mind conjured up an old southern building with large windows and white columns (don't ask why...). Then, she made the comment that the building was kinda crappy (Sorry, Mom. I know you don't like that word). My mind downgraded the building and I saw a dilapidated room that was dark, musty, and in need of some repairs. However, the picture changed once again when Peyton remarked that it was a neat building and pretty in that the floor she works on has brick walls and exposed beams. My mind went to lofts and a classy downtown building like what you see on TV.

Isn't it funny how the human brain works? That we have the ability to create pictures in our mind? Maybe what is more amazing to me than the ability to create the picture, is the types of pictures we create. The pictures are intricate and full of detail or maybe that's just my pictures. Still, the fact that that is the way my mind works intrigues me and fills me with wonder and awe towards the Creator of such a beautiful mind.

No comments: