Friday, August 14, 2009

An Open Letter to Those Who Pay With Cash

Dear Cash Paying Customers,

Why is it that you feel the need to give me your extra change? Yes, I know that your total came to $5.71. That means that it makes zero sense for you to give me $21.64 to pay for your chicken sandwich. I am just going to give you $15.93. That is just as random and will involve more coins than giving me exact change or even better, and less time consuming, just give me the twenty dollar bill. Or a ten. You hold up the cars behind you when dig around for change in your cigarette tray or your purse or your pocket.

I'm guessing that it makes you feel better to know that you will get back just one dime rather than an odd amount of 17 cents or that you will get back a quarter rather than some other odd number. However, this really only makes me want to give you back the most number of coins I can.

So, please, next time, just give me the twenty. It will save us all a lot of time and honestly, if you do give me the strange change, I'm probably going to give you a lot of pennies.

Thanks,
Theresa

No comments: