Friday, May 16, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

I absolutely love quotes and I love to share them. These are some of my favorites.
  • "A girl needs to express herself, and I could certainly use a release...I want to dance." ~Audrey Hepburn

There is something about Audrey Hepburn and her innate sense of style and glamour that makes me smile. This particular quote is from "Funny Face" in which she starred opposite of Fred Astaire.

  • "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."~Eleanor Roosevelt

One of my favorite ladies of all time. Eleanor Roosevelt was strong-minded and independent. She believed in dreams and a future in a time when dreams were all we had and the future was all but bright.

  • "A woman who is convinced that she deserves to accept only the best challenges herself to give the best. Then she is living phenomenally."~Maya Angelou

This quote is encouraging to me. It tells me that it is just fine to accept only the best because it causes me to give the best to others. And I believe that the people in my life deserve the best. Why not do all that I can to make sure that they get just that.

  • "Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does, the better."~Andre Gide

This quote reminds me that any gifts that I have came from above and I had nothing to do with it. It reminds me to remain grateful in all I do.

  • "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."~Martha Washington (1732 - 1802)

Yet another courageous, strong woman. I admire Martha Washington because of her loyalty to her family and her country. I admire her positive outlook on life and her service to others. Her wisdom shines though this particular quote.

  • "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."~Dr. Seuss

Yet another reminder "To thine own self be true..." Not only does this serve as a reminder to myself about me, but also as a reminder to myself about others. We are all unique and beautiful. If someone really matters to me, then I should be willing to accept them for who they are.

  • “I think the job of the artist is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.” -~Arthur Miller

I love this because it reminds me of the real reason of why I do what I do in the theatre world.

  • While I dance I cannot judge, I cannot hate, I cannot separate myself from life. I can only be joyful and whole. That is why I dance. ~Hans Bos

Just another quote about dancing. This embodies, for me, why I dance, whether it be ballroom or for a show or in my bedroom. I do it because it fills me with JOY.

  • "May today there be peace within. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let His presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and everyone of us."~Mother Teresa's prayer

Not so much a quote as it is a prayer, but I love this. It speaks for itself.

  • And I smiled to think God's greatness flowed round our incompleteness ...~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Elizabeth said it all when she said this. No matter where we are in our journey, God's greatness never changes and is there in spite of us. In the words of Paul Pierce "Jesus is like air freshener. He's going to be there anyway."

  • Grace finds beauty in everything. ~U2

This speaks for itself.

  • "The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord."~Psalms 45:11

A constant reminder that God thinks I am beautiful and precious. Hmmm. Bliss.

  • "... as much as necessary and as little as possible." - Paul Pierce
  • "As my grandmother said....'it's just not done'" - Paul Pierce (I could have an entire section devoted just to him)
  • "Don't ever interrupt my mugging for acting." - Paul Pierce. "We don't want acting. We just want the lines." - Jens Rasmussen
  • "I'll try to keep it real." - Paul Pierce"The Springer Opera House......keeping it real since 1871." - Kim Hickman

These are because I love my friends and they make me laugh.

No comments: