Monday, January 09, 2006

PARTY!!!!!!

Wow!! I have been planning a surprise party for my parents 20th wedding anniversary since August! It finally all came together on Saturday night. It was great fun. I had a couple of friends of mine dj the whole thing and I had lots of food help from so many folks. We danced the night away and, I do believe that, a good time was had by all.
The whole day was crazy. I had to run errands and cook and finish making all the decorations and I had to be the barn(where the party was) at 4pm, so that Zach(the dj) could set up. I was terrified that I wouldn't have enough time to set everything up. But I ended up having more than enough time and I found myself just sitting there, because Zach wouldn't let me help him set his stuff up.
The dancing was the best part. There were lots of guys to dance with and it was fun to watch my parents try and dance. I was surprised at the number of people who could really dance. I haven't done the Swing in awhile and it was great fun to practice.
I am so glad that it's all over. It one less thing for me to worry about. Now I have Romeo and Juliet to occupy my time with.
All in all, my week has been good. I have made some new friends and I have been able to hang out with old ones. I gave a rockin' party and I loved it. I am one happy girl!!

No comments: