Saturday, December 24, 2005

twas the day before Christmas and all through the house...

people were cleaning and yelling at each other to get their stuff done. It is so crazy around here. We are having company for dinner and all we are doing today is cleaning. We had a great breakfast and it has been a good morning. My mom is out doing the last little bit of Christmas shopping that she has left with all the other people that have finish theirs too. I know that it is crazy out there and I am so glad that I am here at home.
I am really starting to get excited about tomorrow. I want to see what's under the tree. I also am excited about church. I don't remember Christmas on a Sunday. I know that I have had a Christmas on a Sunday, I am just drawing a blank. It will be nice to see everyone and to hear the Christmas story. This is a great time of year and a wonderful time to reflect on all that God has done in our lives and in the lives of the people we know and love.
Last night we went to a Christmas party at my aunt and uncle's house. It is a tradition in our family. It was bitter-sweet, because of the fact that our grandparents were not there. It will be the same way tomorrow when we are all together. My cousin, Peyton, and her husband surprised us all and came in from Tennessee. We thought that we wouldn't all be together this year and we will be. That was so important to my mom and all of us really. It will be so good for everyone to spend the day together.

There is so much on my mind and maybe after Christmas I will sit down and write it all out. Maybe...

No comments: