Monday, December 22, 2008

My Job

I enjoy my job a great deal. Actually, I really love my job. My job centers around children and education, but I also get to work behind the scenes or in the spotlight with the various productions that the Springer puts on. I am going to talk about both parts of my job, but today I am going to focus on one aspect of it.

I am doing my "day job" in the Academy office, but I am also working on "A Tuna Christmas" in Foley Hall. For those of you who do not know much about this show, Ron Anderson and Paul Pierce play about twelve characters a piece, men and women, adults and children. It is pretty darn funny. There are three stage hands back stage. I am one of them and Kern C. and Ben R. finish out the team. We have the most fun with the show when Ron and Paul are having a good time. I can't explain the feeling that I get when Ron or Paul walk off stage laughing to themselves about what happened on stage, the audience's reaction to what happened on stage, or both. The fact that they enjoy their job makes me enjoy mine so much more.

I found the same to be true when I was working on "Father of the Bride." Ron Anderson directed the show and his obvious enjoyment of the show and the people in the show made the experience all the richer.

I have been a part of Springer productions for the past ten years and I have always felt safe, loved, and cared for. Paul has a saying that I love to hear; "The first time you're here, you're a guest. The second time, you're family." How true that is.

No comments: