Saturday, December 27, 2008

The 2nd Annual Garcia-Garvin Christmas Shopping Weekend

As I write, I am sitting in the living room of one of my best friends, Kathryn G. I came up to her home in Atlanta yesterday afternoon and plan on heading home tomorrow.

This has been a good weekend for me. Good girl time, good quotes, and a lot of thinking, both on the road and in quiet moments. Time with my sweet friend, Kathryn, is always fun and I treasure our friendship.

I serve an awesome God who pursues me relentlessly. The ride up to Atlanta was productive God time and my thoughts were and are stayed on Him. It is times like these, when He consumes my thoughts, that I know He is pursuing me and working in my heart. He has used this weekend and this Holiday season to pull me even closer into His loving arms. His love and mercy are evident to me as He humbles my heart and shows me my imperfections and my unrighteousness. I am in awe of His grace and greatness.

Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together. -Psalm 34:3

No comments: