Thursday, December 25, 2008

Feliz Navidad!

That's "Merry Christmas" in Spanish for those of you who don't speak the mother tongue. Hehe.

I have realized that the older my siblings and I have gotten, the less we care about getting up super early on Christmas morning. However, with a ten year old and seven year old who do still care about getting up super early, we were all up before eight. Not that early, I suppose. But still. Mom says that Ben made it to seven thirty, which is pretty good, all things considered.

Last night, Mary Lou, Jess, Mom, and I stayed up watching old home videos of past Christmases. Hilarious. There were some classic lines. Allow me to share.

  • Theresa (1998)-"This is great! I got everything I asked for!"
  • Mary Lou (1998)-"Oh. My. Gosh. Oh. My. Gosh. I got Lisa Frank! Oh. My. Gosh."
  • Sarah Ann(????)- In response to something Caroline received; "Oh. I want that."
  • Dad(1998)-"Beth, did we not get J-O-E a H-O-R-S? (yes, he left off the "e" and continued to do so every time he spelled it.)
We did our best this morning to incorporate a lot of these lines. I really did get everything that I asked for.

  • A can opener.
  • A tea pot.
  • A sweater.
  • A watch.
  • Mascara.
  • Bobby Pins.
  • "Wicked" the book.
You know you are getting old when you ask for kitchen stuff for Christmas.

My favorite gift to give were the pictures that Anthony took of all the kids for my parents.


The picture was a huge hit. We also gave them individual shots. So cute.

This morning has been pretty quiet. That is one of the things that I love about our Christmas. Alway pretty quiet and laid back. We just enjoy one another all day.

I have been using this line all over the place, but I am thankful for peace on earth and mercy mild; God and sinners reconciled. What a glorious thought! Because our Saviour was pleased as man with men to dwell, we are reconciled with God above! Glory to God in the Highest! Hallelujah!

No comments: