Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Groove

I have been a horrible blogger lately. A lot has been going on and time to write is scarce.

Update:

I quite my job at the real estate office and had a week off before I started my two week job at the Springer as the Intern Captain. During that week, I said (note the word SAID) that I was going to clean my room, clean my car, go to the bank, go to the pool, read a lot, write a lot, sleep, visit with my mom, and about a gillion other things. However, I think that maybe three of those things were actually done.

Yesterday, I started my little gig at the Springer and it is going well so far. I am job-less in two weeks and to be honest, I am getting a little nervous. I interviewed last week for a permanent job at the Springer and found out this afternoon that I didn't get it because I don't have a degree yet. I understand completely. However, I have never not gotten a paycheck. My faith is so weak and I am acutely aware of this. Jeremiah 17:7-8 was the bible verse that came in my email today and it was the perfect verse for today. Let me share. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit. Anxious in the year of drought. Hmmm. Sounds familiar.

I will fully admit that this afternoon I was angry and frustrated. It was hard for me to place my cares onto Jesus and let go of this situation and to be honest, I am still having a hard time. I know that letting it go will be freeing and I will have peace and yet, it is as if my heart knows to let go and my head says "No thank you." Argh.

I have been quoting scripture and the promises of the gospel to myself all afternoon. My mom used to sing a song to us that went like this; My God is so good, so strong and so mighty. There's nothing my God can not do. The mountains are his, the oceans are his, the sky is his handy work too. My God is so good, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do for you. It's songs like this and verses like the one above that remind me that God is in control of this life that I lead. I am His and He is mine. I am a daughter of the King. His love endures forever. His promises are new every morning. I will praise Him continually.

I fly to D.C. week after next for a weekend trip. I need to get out of Columbus and this is a nice way to do it. I have a wedding in Chattanooga the next weekend and in October I am flying to Texas to see my Grandma Jo. Travel and change will be good for me and it will be even better if I have a job.

No comments: