Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Stella

Estelle Marie Yancey is number four in the Yancey line up.  I have to admit, there is a spark in Stella that I just adore.  Her eyes just pop and there is something about her grin that make me want to melt.  

Stella is always innocent.  At least in her mind. One of my favorite Stella moments was when she insisted that she had not had a snack even though I knew for a fact that she had.  It was my first run in with Stella and in the midst of tears, she swore that she would never speak to me again.  Two months later and she is quick to ask "Tree-sa" to pick her up and hold her. She is a girly girl who loves to dance and sing.  She is a ham and loves to perform for others.  She is very grown up for her five year old little self.  Stella loves to play dress up and she is extremely witty.  She has already had at least two marriage proposals.  One from her cousin, Peter, who realizes that cousins cannot marry one another.  He was not very happy with her second proposal, but understands.  Stella has given her heart to Hayes and says that even though she knows that others will ask her to marry them, it is too late.  Hayes has already asked her and she said yes.  Plus, he kissed her on the cheek repeatedly and that apparently sealed the deal for good.  

I most admire Stella's giving nature.  She is very quick to share her pretzels with Maggie or her toys with the little boy sitting next to her.  She isn't perfect and the sharing doesn't happen every time, but more oft than not, it is Stella that I can depend on to share her possessions with those around her.  

I am in love with this sweet girl and her funny ways.  I can't wait to see what kind of woman she turns into.  

No comments: