Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Josie

If you read this blog at all, you know that I keep five little girls twice a week.  Today I want to tell you about Josie, one of the twins.

Josie is the loner.  She plays well with the other girls, but she is just as content by herself.  She is outgoing, but reserved.  She is extremely smart and has enough common sense for all four of her sisters and me.  She is a go with the flow kinda gal who loves to read.  You can find her most often with her nose in a book.  She plays softball, the piano, is on the math team at school, rides horses, loves her sisters, and is quick to provide a hug.  She is an outdoor-sy girl and she isn't afraid of much outside of the occasional storm.  Her cheery disposition and her easy going nature make her a joy to love on.  

One of the things I love most about Josie is her genuine interest in others.  She likes hearing me talk about my siblings and enjoys asking others about their day.  She is curious, but not in a pushy way.  She is better than I am when it comes to asking questions in order to solve a dispute between one of her sisters and she is a constant peace maker.  

If I could see into the future and tell you what Josie will be when she grows up, I would guess that she will be a journalist.  Her curiosity, her love for people, her love of reading and words, all lead me to believe that one day she will be a great journalist with a knack for adventure stories.  She is a girl after my own heart. 

No comments: